InfoLink Screening Services announced the launch of new Form I-9 employment verification services. InfoLink will provide real-time Form I-9 employment eligibility verifications, a self-correcting electronic Form I-9 that helps eliminate errors, secure paperless storage of I-9 Forms, proactive automated alerts of employee's expiring work authorizations and I-9 consulting services.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 14, 2005 -- InfoLink Screening Services, a
nationwide provider of employment background checks, drug testing and physical
exams, today announced that it has launched a new automated solution for Form
I-9 compliance services, including the first web-based service for verifying
employees have a legal right to work in the United States.
InfoLink's secure, web-based service powered by Form I-9 Compliance enables employers to conduct Form I-9 employment eligibility verifications through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA). Employers are able to use the information on newly hired employees' I-9 Forms to verify the accuracy of Social Security and Immigration "A" numbers, and in real-time obtain employee's' legal right to work status with a DHS-issued verification number.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 legally mandates that U.S. employers verify the employment eligibility status of newly-hired employees and makes it unlawful for employers to knowingly hire or continue to employ unauthorized workers. Noncompliance, whether intentional or caused simply by oversight, has severe legal and financial consequences imposed by the DHS, as well as the potential of a corporate image tarnished by negative publicity.
In addition to employment eligibility verifications, InfoLink will also offer the following services to help companies manage their Form I-9 processes:
• A self-correcting electronic Form I-9 that virtually eliminates processing errors and simplifies the document completion process.
• Secure, paperless Form I-9 storage, providing anytime, anywhere online access for updating, re-verification and governmental inspection.
• Automated alerts in advance of employees’ expiring work authorizations, enabling employees to renew their work authorization documents and legally continue to work without interruption.
• Pre-filled employment eligibility verification forms if the company has conducted a background check on the new employee through InfoLink or uses an integrated ATS or HRIS solution.
• Form I-9 consulting services performed by trained and experienced I-9 consultants including former INS officials and executive-level Human Resources professionals.
InfoLink's Form I-9 employment verification services:
• Provide peace of mind that new employees’ Social Security and Immigration documents are valid.
• Simplify and improve the efficiency of Form I-9 processes.
• Substantially decrease human errors in completing I-9 Forms.
• Cost-effectively reduce exposure to government audits, financial penalties and negative publicity resulting from non-compliance.
• Improve the accuracy of payroll and tax reporting and helps eliminate SSA inquiries concerning unmatched Social Security accounts by identifying current employees with fraudulent Social Security numbers.
"We are excited to be the first company to offer an automated, web-based solution for ensuring U.S. business employ individuals who are legally authorized to work in the United States," said Barry Nadell, president of InfoLink Screening Services, Inc. "Because of our focus on legal compliance in employment screening, we felt it was important for InfoLink to be an early mover in Form I-9 compliance services. InfoLink’s Form I-9 employment verification services provide business with new, efficient methods for managing their I-9 processes and complying with the law."
About InfoLink Screening Services
InfoLink Screening Services is a leading provider of employment background checks, drug testing, physical exams and Form I-9 employment verification services. Thousands of companies nationwide, from small businesses to Fortune 500's, rely on InfoLink's exceptional service, fast turnaround, legal compliance and accurate reports. Its easy-to-use web-based solution enables easy order entry, status tracking, hit notification, secure report access and archiving. InfoLink's drug screening and physical exam programs include a nationwide network of thousands of collection sites and clinics, secure online reporting and consolidated billing. Its new Form I-9 employment verification services enable companies to reduce Form I-9 errors and verify employees' legal right to work in the U.S. InfoLink's comprehensive employee screening services and seamless integration with Human Resource software increase HR efficiency and enable businesses to Hire with Confidence™. Visit http://www.infolinkscreening.com or call 800-990-HIRE (4473) for additional information.
About Form I-9 Compliance, LLC
Form I-9 Compliance was the first federally-approved Designated Agent of the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration for electronic Form I-9 employment verifications. Form I-9 Compliance provides automated right to work verifications, electronic Form I-9 processing, secure online storage and Form I-9 consulting services. Form I-9 Compliance is headquartered in Newport Beach, California. Visit www.formi9.com or call 866-640-4949 for additional information.
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/6/prweb249940.htm