Adapt Ethernet machines to communicate over PSTN or GSM/GPRS public networks. Create your own standalone network for easy remote access. Free equipment from the restrictions imposed by the end customers wired LAN network.
(PRWEB) February 13, 2005 -- Comtech Holdings Ltd (www.comtechM2M.com), the
leading Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Solution Provider, today announce the release
of the µWEBox eRouter family with two products which enable Ethernet-based
machines to communicate over public Wide Area Networks (WAN).
1. The µWEBox eRouter GSM/GPRS Router connects Ethernet devices over wireless GSM/GPRS
2. The µWEBox eRouter PSTN Router connects Ethernet devices over the PSTN network.
Companies often find it difficult to remotely access a machine deployed at an end-customers site via their Ethernet Local Area Network (LAN). They are prevented by firewalls that isolate public and private networks and often by the end-customers I.T. department who prevent "alien" machines utilising their network. Furthermore, there are many cases where the machine is located in geographical isolated or mobile locations, where no Local Area Network exists.
The µWEBox eRouters overcome these problems by creating a standalone network with its own Wide Area Network (WAN) access point to the public PSTN, GSM, GPRS networks and/or the Internet. The Ethernet port of the remote equipment is adapted by the router for WAN connectivity, which supports "Dial-in", "Dial-out" and "Always Connected" modes of operation. Each µWEBox eRouter provides PPP encapsulation of TCP/IP data and supports Network Address Translation (NAT), IP forwarding, DHCP server, DNS, UDP, PING and ARP protocols. The µWEBox eRouters are housed in a rugged aluminium enclosure and can be operated within a wide 8 to 40 volt power supply range. Available NOW.
* Stand-alone network - where equipment can be remotely accessed without needing to use the end customers LAN e.g. security surveillance camera's, access control, electronics displays, HVAC etc. Examples extend to PC's located within the end customer site, which are running applications e.g. for Postal and Courier service companies.
* Remote Isolated equipment - where there is no LAN infrastructure e.g. passenger information systems, traffics systems, security surveillance and industrial automation etc.
* Leased Equipment - where equipment is regularly re-located e.g. generators, chillers, compressors, industrial plant hire, heating equipment, etc.
* Network Back-up - where a secondary remote access route is required if the there is a failure through the customers LAN e.g. Building automation systems, Epos systems, CHP systems, generators, UPS etc.
* Mobile Equipment - where it is not possible to create a wired WAN connection e.g. transportation such as rail and taxi's where PC's, cameras, HVAC, EPOS systems and other assets can be networked to the outside world.
"Our PSTN, GSM and GPRS Routers reduce the barrier to sales of ethernet-based equipment, by providing remote access to them where ever they are located; reducing the dependancy on the end-customers network", said Steve Whitehead, Technical Director, Comtech Holdings Ltd. "Not only are the installation and maintenance costs reduced, but new business opportunities can be created by gaining remote access to the important information within the machine where previously this was not possible. As an example, charging for leased equipment may be increased dependant on how and when it is operated, especially if these fall outside permitted limits ".
Development Tools - This launch is complemented with the release of a development Starter Kit to simplify evaluation and aid design integration.
Customisation - Comtech offer design customisations for µWEBox eRouter PSTN and GSM/GPRS routers, by incorporating customer and market specific application needs.
About Comtech Holdings Ltd
Comtech Holdings Ltd., www.comtechM2M.com, Bolton, UK, enables companies to remotely monitor and control their equipment over the Internet. The company provides GSM, GPRS, PSTN modems and routers, Web-based central management applications and specialised M2M services enabling companies to build an end-to-end automated system. Solutions are suited to many diverse markets with complete solutions available for the wireless display messaging market.
Comtech Holdings Ltd, Comtech House, 28 Manchester Road, Westhoughton, Bolton, Lancashire, BL5 3QJ, UK
Web: www.comtechM2M.com , Email: e-mail protected from spam bots , Tel: +44 (0) 1942 851800, Fax: +44 (0) 1942 851808
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/2/prweb207976.htm