More than 30 million people who are in some stage of the grieving process will be hoping for the gift of remembrance this holiday season.
(PRWEB) November 10 2003--“Gifts of Remembrance” Tops Christmas List for
Millions Who Are Grieving the loss of A Loved One This Holiday
This holiday season, more than 30 million people across the country will be grieving the loss of a loved one. And while each would agree their grief is unique, most are longing for the same gift this Christmas—they are longing for the gift of remembrance.
Giving a gift of remembrance, according to Renee Wood, founder of The Comfort Company (www.thecomfortcompany.net) an online retailer of sympathy and remembrance gifts, need not be difficult. It can be as simple as sharing a memory or sending a card.
“Christmas can be the most difficult time of the year for someone who is grieving”, says Wood, a former neonatal intensive care social worker. “It’s important that we remember how comforting a gift or gesture of remembrance can be”.
Rob Anderson, whose son Brendon died five years ago, agrees. “Anything and everything is appreciated. The simple things are the sweetest and don’t take much effort.” He suggests buying a special ornament for the tree, donating a gift in their loved ones honor or giving the gift of your time and presence during the holidays.
If you are buying a gift for someone who is grieving this holiday season, The Comfort Company offers the following gift ideas:
• Send a memorial tree which can be planted at the place of their choosing.
• Select a candle to be lit in honor of their loved one.
• Choose a journal or album for recording memories.
• Purchase a special piece of jewelry which can be worn to link them to their loved one.
• Find a book on grief you feel would be uplifting.
• Send a flower vase which could be filled with flowers on the difficult days of the year.
• Choose an ornament which could be hung year-round.
• Have a garden stone engraved with a special saying.
• Share a memory in a card or letter.
• Send an accent pillow stitched with an inspirational verse.
• Send a care package with a selection of appropriate comfort gifts.
For more remembrance gift information, visit: www.thecomfortcompany.net.
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/11/prweb88453.htm