Leading manufacturer of crystal awards, Crystal D, has published a new guide outlining five key ingredients to successful employee recognition planning for corporations.
St. Paul, MN (PRWEB via PR Web
Direct) June 13, 2005 -- Crystal D (http://www.crystal-d.com), a manufacturer of personalized
crystal, glass, wood, and stone recognition awards, has identified five
ingredients that are essential to recognition planning.
"As a result of over 15 years experience working with distributors to plan employee recognition events, we have identified five ingredients essential to recognition planning. Organizations that have successful recognition programs consider these five essential ingredients at the start," says Chuck Dahlgren, president.
Corporations use recognition to decrease employee turnover, increase employee satisfaction, and retain their best employees. "Any organization can maximize its recognition efforts with proper planning," says Dahlgren. "This guide is meant to help recognition planners develop meaningful and effective recognition experiences."
1. Why? Planning an employee recognition experience requires a clear understanding of the purpose. It is important to understand exactly why an accomplishment or individual is deserving of recognition.
2. What? It is essential to know exactly what an individual or team has accomplished. A recognition experience is most powerful when it is centered on specific actions and commitment of the individual or team.
3. How? Individuals have definite preferences in terms of how they prefer to be recognized and by whom. An employee recognition experience that is tailored to the preferences of the recipient has the greatest impact.
4. Symbolic. The most meaningful rewards are symbolic of the accomplishment. When chosen correctly, recognition awards can remain special symbols of achievement for years to come.
5. Personalized. Awards should be personalized with the recipient's name. If the award is also symbolic to the company a company logo should be included.
To learn more about planning effective employee recognition experiences download Crystal D's "5 Essential Ingredients to Employee Recognition Planning" by clicking the following link:
"5 Essential Ingredients to Employee Recognition Planning" (pdf)
About Crystal D
Crystal D works with promotional products distributors to plan meaningful employee recognition experiences for corporate America. The company manufacturers personalized plaques, trophies, crystal, glass, wood, and stone awards. Crystal D awards are sold exclusively through promotional products distributors. For more information, visit www.crystal-d.com.
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/6/prweb250912.htm