InfoChannel® 3 Release 7.4 adds important optimization, performance features.
Exton, PA (PRWEB) May 25, 2005 -- InfoChannel® 3 Release 7.4 adds important
optimization, performance features.
Scala, Inc. (www.scala.com), the world’s leading software platform for digital signage, today announced Release 7.4 for InfoChannel® 3, and with it, raises the bar for systems capabilities.
“With Release 7.4, Scala systems integrators now have all they need to design and deliver breakthrough digital signage systems,” said Jeffery Porter, Executive Vice President of Scala. “And of course, the major benefit to our customers is that they can continue to own a commanding lead in their markets.”
Among the highlights of Release 7.4 of InfoChannel 3:
· New Scala System Optimizer—an optimization tool for adjusting various Windows system settings on a Player system for best performance.
· New Align and Spread feature in Designer.
· New Backdrop Image feature includes global crawls.
· Automatic “smart quotes” in Designer.
· Improved FTP upload and download performance and support for passive-mode FTP.
· New resubmit failed jobs feature in NetManager.
· Automatic retrieval of billing logs from players back to the central server.
· Thai TIS-620 and Bitstream Vera fonts are now supported.
· Random holdoff for player heartbeats and log uploads (network load-balancing).
· Device selection in TV Tuner EX (bypassing MMOS.INI settings) and additional TV Tuner EX improvements.
· Improved performance NetManager log viewer
· Enhanced bandwidth limiters and Player options in ConfigIC.
· Python programming language for advanced scripting via IC3's Windows Script.
· NetManager Enterprise is now formally supported through the NetManagerConsole (no IIS needed, for single-user use).
· Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
About Scala, Inc.
Scala, Inc. (www.scala.com) pioneered the industry of digital signage in 1987, and is today headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with operations in California, the UK, The Netherlands and Japan. As flat panel and networking technologies catch up with Scala's vision, Scala finds itself with over a 15-year head start, helping it to win some of the largest digital signage engagements and most respectable partners in the industry. Companies that are standardizing their digital signage equipment on the Scala InfoChannel 3 platform include Tesco, Best Buy, T-Mobile, ShopRite, ASDA (Wal*Mart UK), Virgin MegaStore, Bloomberg, Kiwi, Azizia-Panda Supermarket, McKee Foods, Burger King, Muvico, Warner Brothers Movie World, RaboBank, Nedbank, Santiago Airport, Dubai Airport. A network of over 250 Value Added Resellers across the globe offer Scala InfoChannel® solutions, and constitute our sales and support force that extends to every continent but Antarctica.
Richard F. Trask
Director of Marketing
Scala Broadcast Multimedia
e-mail protected from spam bots
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/5/prweb243915.htm